Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP / December 2015 – May 2018
Technical Services Librarian
- Conduct original and copy cataloging for all Cleary offices in OCLC Connexion and SirsiDynix Symphony – using MARC encoding and RDA standards – for resources written in multiple languages (mainly English, French, German, Italian);
- Provide technical support and training – online and in-person – for all use of OCLC, Sirsi and EBSCO Discovery systems, including developing new workflows, creating training guides and converting data from legacy systems;
- Teach library staff to create temporary catalog records using customized templates in SirsiDynix Symphony, and full MARC records using RDA standards, local practices, and authority records to maintain data continuity;
- Act as the primary contact with library technology vendors SirsiDynix, OCLC, EBSCO, Cassidy Cataloging, etc.;
- Supervise the Technical Services Assistant – whose main duties are processing books and checking in serials – and all library temporary staffers working on barcoding, collection clean-up, and cataloging projects;
- Provide support to the electronic resources and reference librarians as needed; and
- Consult with the Director of Global Library & Information Services, information technology staff, and purchasing department to ensure that the best library management technologies are being used globally.
American Museum of Natural History / September 2015 – December 2015
Volunteer, Library Digital Lab
- Digitized negatives from the archive for the museum’s 125th anniversary e-collection.
Yeshiva University / September 2014 – September 2015
Information Systems Specialist (term-project for duration of funding)
- Coordinated across departments to initiate data management workflows and integrations to help launch YU’s new online learning department, YU Global;
- Managed development of YU Global’s new website and its integration with registrar, purchasing, learning management, library and other departments’ systems;
- Aided the Office of Institutional Research in organizing and analyzing class survey and Registrar data using SurveyGizmo, Survey Monkey, SPSS and Stata;
- Supported accreditation manager in fulfillment of applications and researching program regulations;
- Provided faculty and course developers with guidance on copyright issues; and
- Liaised with library staff to make necessary resources easily available for online learning.
Note: this project had funding issues, and the whole department was let go in Fall 2015.
Iona College Libraries / October 2011 – August 2014
Media and Digital Resources Librarian
- Maintained access protocols for all library electronic resources (e-journals, e-books, databases, etc.) using EZ Proxy, in tandem with vendor-specific security protocols;
- Managed database vendor relationships and subscription budgets;
- Trained faculty in the use of Iona’s learning management system, BlackBoard, and integrated tools;
- Worked with IT department to transfer Iona’s website into a customized CMS;
- Promoted the use of media technologies and resources for teaching;
- Maintained the library website and its integration with the library’s online catalog (OPAC);
- Consulted on matters of copyright relevant to library materials and online course design;
- Provided research assistance to students, faculty, and staff, in-person and online;
- Taught instruction sessions covering research and library skills to first-year students;
- Liaised with OCLC to configure Iona’s newly adopted WorldShare suite of library systems; and
- Trained Iona’s library staff on how WorldShare modules integrate with WorldCat Local to aid discovery.
Lodestar Media Inc. (Marketing/Strategy Consultants) / October 2010 – June 2011
Digital Librarian/Content Manager (Part-time Consultant)
- Consulted on taxonomy and database structure for shared resources and data;
- Facilitated the creation of a rights management and discovery structure for assets being migrated into a Microsoft Sharepoint environment.
Foundation for Landscape Studies / August 2010 – September 2011
Digital Conversion Specialist/Administrator (Part-time)
- Scanned, edited and created metadata (based on VRA standards) for photographic slides to be uploaded to ARTstor;
- Provided general administration for the organization’s president, Elizabeth Barlow Rogers.
Central Park Conservancy / April 2011 – November 2011
- Arranged and labeled the group’s collection of hard copy negatives and contact sheets to facilitate discovery;
- Created finding aids in Excel;
- Worked with CPC’s long-time staff photographer, Sara Cedar Miller, to recall and record image information.
Wildlife Conservation Society / April 2010 – September 2010
Digital Asset Manager (Project-term)
- Curated a collection of several thousand digital images for upload into a customized digital asset management system by Widen Enterprises;
- Created a controlled vocabulary and metadata elements consistent with zoological terminology but flexible enough to map to Dublin Core, and based on LCSH vocabularies when possible;
- Worked with staff photographer Julie Larsen Maher and conducted zoological research to identify animals, plants, locations, and people in the photographs.
Marvel Publishing / October 2009 – April 2010
Library and Archival Intern (for-credit)
- Organized and cataloged comics in Marvel’s special publications research library.
Frick Art Reference Library / October 2009 – April 2010
Graduate Assistant for the Photoarchive (volunteer)
- Edited catalog records for a selection of 100 Spanish works of art whose information was originally entered incorrectly or incompletely in the library’s STAR database. This project required reading knowledge of Spanish and an advanced understanding of controlled vocabularies associated with Spanish art and art history.
- Utilized knowledge of VRA cataloging, provenance research, and Getty controlled vocabularies.
New York University Press / October 2009 – April 2010
Graduate Research Assistant (Part-time, project-term)
- Conducted advanced archival research at Mt. Sinai, Emanu-El, the Jewish Theological Seminary and the American Jewish Historical Society for an NYU Press-commissioned textbook on Jewish history.
New York University Libraries / October 2009 – May 2010
Graduate Reference Assistant (for-credit)
- Manned the first-floor reference desk of NYU’s main library;
- Aided library patrons in use of the library’s OPAC, database tools, periodical resources, etc.
Tamiment/Wagner Labor Archives / October 2009 – May 2010
Graduate Assistant for Non-print Archivist (for-credit)
- Processed and re-housed a collection of 35mm color and black-and-white negatives;
- Entered collection information into Archivist’s Toolkit;
- Utilized Excel to update collection inventories and box location information;
- Edited finding aids for grammar, spelling and consistency with controlled vocabularies.
Long Island University: NY, NY – MS, Library & Information Science, ALA accredited (2011, with honors)
New York University: NY, NY – MA, Archives & Public History (2011, with honors)
University of Southern California: Los Angeles, CA – BA, Art History with a minor in Theater Arts (2006, with honors)
Jill Strykowski, “Advanced vs. Basic Search: Digital Perception and Library Learning,” Journal of Academic Librarianship 41, no. 5 (2015), doi:10.1016/j.acalib.2015.08.005.
Reading comprehension of Spanish and German; basic knowledge of French, Italian and Hebrew.
ACADEMIC HONORS AND AWARDS
Member, Beta Phi Mu, International Library Science Honor Society
Recipient, Academic Scholarship, Long Island University
Graduated, Cum Laude, University of Southern California
Recipient, Departmental Honors, University of Southern California
Recipient, Dean’s Scholarship for Academic Excellence, University of Southern California
- Knowledge Organization (LIU, 2009) Instructor: Rick Block
- Advanced Cataloging (LIU, 2009) Instructor: Rick Block
- Principals and Practices of Archival Description (LIU, 2010) Instructor: Rick Block
- Information Sources and Services (LIU, 2009) Instructor: Brita Servaes
- Building Digital Libraries (LIU, 2009) Instructor: Mark Matienzo
- Basic Web Site Architecture (LIU, 2010) Instructor: Thomas Kritchel
- Introduction to Archives (NYU, 2009) Instructor: Peter Wosh
- Introduction to Preservation and Reformatting (NYU, 2010) Instructor: Paula DeStefano
- Historical Editing (NYU, 2010) Instructor: Esther Katz
- Creating Digital History (NYU, 2010) Instructor: Cathy Moran Hajo
Macmillan Publishing (Trade Publishing) / 2008 – 2009
Title Coordinator (Operations/Inventory Department)
- Maintained and created user profiles in Macmillan’s Firebrand title management system;
- Worked with Firebrand liaisons to troubleshoot difficulties encountered by Macmillan employees;
- Entered purchase order and stock information in supply chain management platforms;
- Edited purchase order information for consistency across platforms;
- Liaised with editors, press agents, authors and third-party information vendors to ensure title information on Amazon.com was as up-to-date and as accurate as possible;
- Worked under the guidance of the company CIO to evaluate software solutions for the company.
Landmark Ventures (IT Advisory & Lead Generation) / 2006-2008
Marketing and Research Coordinator
- Wrote in-depth, analytical reports on the business and technology needs of Fortune 500 companies, to aid our clients with preparation for sales/investment meetings;
- Scouted additions for, and maintained database of potential buyers/investors;
- Prepared, proofread and graphically edited marketing documents for company and clients.
Houghton Mifflin Company (Text Book Publishing) / 2006
Marketing Assistant, Western Region, School Division
- Audited and submitted per diem T&E reports to accounts payable office;
- Tracked per diem budgets and spending by sales region and territory;
- Audited and entered sales staff T&E reports in SAP CRM system;
- Facilitated move-in to new office location by creating and maintaining the office filing system;
- Provided administrative support for a sales staff of 50 people across 12 states;
- Coordinated calendars and contact databases for Western Region sales staff using Lotus database.
Museum of Contemporary Art, SD (Art Museum) / 2006
Event Technician/ Light Board Operator
- Designed lights “on the fly” and ran lighting in the auditorium for rental clients [approx. 80 fixtures (new ETC and old Strand) run of an old ETC board, dimmer-per-channel];
- Acted as facilities manager during events.
Christie’s, Inc. (Fine Art Action House) / 2005
Fine Arts Intern
- Answered phones and handled day-to-day client inquiries and correspondence;
- Assisted in exhibition preparation, set-up and presentation;
- Assisted in planning and execution of VIP client receptions and auction events;
- Edited and maintained client information in Siebel CRM.
USC Scene Shop/Main Stage (University Scene Shop) / 2002 – 2004
Assistant carpenter/Theatrical electrician
- Supervised student workers;
- Participated in building theatrical scenery;
- Participated in patch, hang, and focus of theatrical lighting and sound equipment.
Adept in theatrical design, construction, lighting and stage management. Trained electrician, welder and carpenter. Skilled at painting, drawing, graphic design and web design.